Roy Street Coffee & Tea
Located near a performing arts college and an indie cinema in Seattle’s funky Capitol Hill neighborhood, this coffeehouse draws its design inspiration from the area’s artistic culture to create the theater for a distinctive experience.
At Roy St, you are invited to enjoy regular film screenings, musical performances, literary readings and student art exhibitions. Private and semi-private spaces are available throughout the store for work and social meetings. Daily coffee and tea cuppings allow everyone to explore new varieties of bean and leaf along with new brewing methods. And the store offers beer and wine selections from the Pacific Northwest and locally sourced baked goods to feed the soul along with your mind.
Notable Store Elements
- The front doors were salvaged from a film set.
- Other wood materials were locally sourced and repurposed from salvage yards, a barn and shipping crates.
- Much of the furniture was sourced from Seattle vintage and antique stores.
- Many light fixtures were created by local artists; others were found in salvage shops.
- The bar was built using slate from a local high school and steel from a local shipyard.
- A large steel table was reclaimed from a metal shop.
- Many of the building elements contain recycled material.
- Low-flow taps and toilets reduced water usage by 30%.
- LED lamps reduced our lighting energy use by 45%.